Friday, January 05, 2007

I am the stair master




Maybe not the master but this is what I doing during my lunch hours. Not as much fun as riding but, it's easier since I do not have to leave my office building. Lately I have been running up ever step from the 1st floor to the top of the 8th floor. That's 24 steps per floor. I do ever step the 1st time. I ride the elevator down to catch my breath and so I don't fall. There have been three people fall down the stairs since I started working in this building. The last gal completely shattered her elbow and will have perminant loss. I don't need that. The 2nd time up I take two steps at a time. 3rd time up, every step and the 4th time up I take two steps at a time. That averages around 504 steps per lunch hour.

It also doesn't bother my severe shin splits that I have been having. Doc tells me to not run at all for two weeks but I convinced him that running up the stairs doesn't hurt so he said to continue with it.

Been doing a little roller riding but not enough to start mentioning the miles involved.

Over and out....

4 comments:

bluecolnago said...

those stairs look steep. be careful!

peace out, yo!

Mike Johnson said...

You can say that again ... really it is great to see you working out. By spring time your TT bike is going to be flying.
John

B I D W E L L said...

You are an animal! Way to take advantage of what you got! Who needs a gym membership anyways!

slk said...

Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
Outdoor rubber stair treads - Compare prices on outdoor rubber stair tread, decorative stair tread, heated stair tread and more…