Monday, October 15, 2007

Project Schwinn


I recently picked up this little Schwinn Traveler road bike. She is a beautiful metalic red. Check out the chrome on the fork legs. She will soon make a complete transformation into a fixie or single speed, depending on what type of rear hub we have. Looks like she has not ventured to far from where she was purchased. A Schwinn Shop in Waterloo Iowa? Some of you older folks might even remember this shop. Maybe you can even post a comment on the shop history???

Keep checking back for some updates in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple more secret projects that I will be posting in the next few weeks. One is a 29er and the other is a fixie project.
Captain Bob

6 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Dude! That thing looks too big for you. Are you sure it's not my size? ;) Heh, heh!

Thanks for getting that write up to me so fast today. I wasn't expecting that, and I hope yopu don't feel bad, it's just that the guy asked me and all.

See ya soon!

john said...

The Schwinn shop was on Ansborough near Falls - right, Blue? I don't think I ever went in it - I was a Europa guy. And, it wasn't that long ago that it closed

Captain Bob said...

It's smaller than it looks GT.

No worries about the about the write up. I needed the push.


Thanks for the info John.

B I D W E L L said...

I had to beat some guy up in Wal-mart parking lot who was trying to put it in his shopping cart out of your pick-up. Nice rig!

bluecolnago said...

the schwinn shop was owned by marlys olds for a long time. it was originally down near where doughy joeys is now, across from the sullivan brothers center. he used to do a helluva business back in the day until scheels came along and sold schwinn....

Unknown said...

I have the same traveler what year is it? I have been unsuccessfully been trying to find out.