Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm back! For a while I hope.........




It's been a while since my last post. I mainly took the time off to see if I still wanted to have my own blog. I always seem to have difficulty finding the time to generate a good quality post these lately. I have decided to give it another shot. Hopefully I still have some readers. I know my family will still be reading it so that is worth my time too.

Well.... I have been riding while not posting and have raced a couple of times. One DNF and one 2nd place. The DNF was at the Decorah Time Trials. Had a good start but then some shifting issues caused me to (for some reason) take off my chain and then I lost one piece of the Sram quick link. The link is not much good without both parts. Oh well.

The second race was the UpsideDownDu. It is a Bike Run Bike. I asked our friends 14yr daughter to do the team event with me. She was happy to help. I did the two bike laps. She did the two run laps and then me again for the final bike lap. So, mechanicals again this time? Not really. But, I did have a stinking flat. Not patch kit or tubes with me so.......that meant I have to hike the last 1.5 miles of my first bike lap. That put me about 8 minutes back from the first place team rider. Then, I had to run to the truck to get a tube. By the time I started my second lap I was another 8 minutes down. Jenna had a smoking fast first run lap. It was just a tad over 18 minutes which was about 2 minutes behind Sara Gall. Pretty darn fast for a young girl who doesn't train. My last bike lap was around 22 minutes which was pretty good for me. Jenna ran the whole event with running shoes that weren't made for trails. The were somewhat slick on the bottom. Good job though. I did the even on my single speed 29er. It's a Vassago Jabberwocki, which performed quite well.

That leaves me to my family. Lately, we have been still working on our house remodel. So and steady. Mostly just slow. The girls have been well. Madee is in T-Ball and doing pretty good. Ella is just hanging out. She is well too.

That's all for today. Thanks to you all that have been waiting patiently for another post.

Captain Bob

5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

welcome back, cap'n!

Captain Bob said...

Thanks Blue.

Travel Gravel said...

Yes you still have readers! I was away for some time myself. Keep on keepin' on man! Later!

B I D W E L L said...

Welcome back! Awesome job on the DU! Been thinking about a blog resurrection myself. Should probably start riding more though first ;)

Captain Bob said...

Thanks guys.