Monday, February 23, 2009

I am so proud

Monday night was parent/teacher night. We walked around the school and looked at the many displays that the students worked so hard on. There were some pretty interesting devices, concoctions, things, pottery and some other things. Wait, there were even some other "things." No, we weren't able to identify what everything was but regardless, they were cool.

Just a few weeks ago, about 20 minutes before the bus was to arrive at our house, Madelyn said, "Hey, dad. I need to bring some things to school that I can build something abstract with." I said, "Really. Today?" "Yup, today dad," she said. So I headed to the garage. Then I went straight to the "old parts" bin. I asked myself, "Why do I keep all this crap." Now I know. Pam, headed for the old desk in the office. As you can see by the pictures she was able to use quite a variety of items.

I love what she created. She is very proud of it as well. She was telling me about a "part" but couldn't remember the name of the part. She said, "You'll know what it's called dad." I did too. It was a chain ring. Granny gear to be exact. She thought the name "granny gear" was funny. I agree. That's why I don't use one.

Have a great day folks. If you have kids, take some time to go out and build something with them. Who cares if you don't know what to call it when it is done. It will still be fun. I know after seeing how excited she is about it we will be making some things of our own together.

Have a great day!

Captain


1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

good stuff! that's what i'd call it too. "stuff" very cool.