Monday, April 21, 2008




Sorry for the lack of posting. Lost my camera somewhere in ths house. I don't like posting without pictures. Sounds silly but that's me. Turns out it was in my bike bag. I was a little worried it was gone for good.

Made it out last Wed with the Bike Tech boys. Paul Chris and myself were the lucky ones. We headed to Ulrich Park for a quick spin around the loop. Met a nice couple with a nice dog. Nobody got bit. The trails were in pretty good condition considering all the rain of late. The lower sections was not good enough to enjoy. A little too soggy. We then headed over to Lookout Park for a couple of hill climbs. That was fun! My first run up it I just mashed on the pedals with an almost anger raged effort. I noticed towards the top that my rear rotor was starting to rub. Turns out with that wreckless effort all of the force caused my rear hub to loosen. I was pretty cooked once at the top. We then regrouped and headed around the loop that Chris had to navigate and then headed back for hill climb #2. I went at it with a little less effort and focused more on a nice out of the saddle climb. I stayed more relaxed and spun better circles. I felt that I made it up quicker and had more energy. I was actually able to talk at the top wothout having to wait and catch my breath. We headed for home after that. I think we logged a little less miles than I wanted to but there were plenty of good efforts exerted.

Good times...
Captain

3 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Hey, maybe we oughta get some testing done soon. Got some goodies at Sea Otter.

bluecolnago said...

fun going up lookout park hill? hmmmmm...... :) I'm starting to worry about you, cap'n

Captain Bob said...

GT.... I love goodies. I am missing the Wed TT due to some mecanicals. Maybe we can get a ride in.

Blue. don't worry. It useless.