Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nothing new here..........

Here is you answer to this weeks Macro Monday: Rabbit turd laying on a patch of moss covered by a light dusting of snow. Who would have thought there would be so much variety and texture in a rabbit turd? Not me. I always assumed that since they looked like a Coco Puff that they would look the same close up. Wonder what next Mondays will be?

Word on the street is that the Selma will be here around 4-1-09. I have also heard that some frames could show up sooner and some later. Hmm....wonder which batch mine will be in? Hopefully, the sooner. I had a stem and seatpost over at the anodizer man for some custom color but for some reason he botched the job. So, we have to polish the parts in hopes to salvage the parts for a different bike. They most likley will never look as good as when they were new. That Stinks! So, I am on the hunt for some paint to lay on a part that will make my Selma unique. I hope that plan works out because if it does I think this direction will be even cooler than the ano job.

In other bike news I have decided to build back up the Zion. I rides comfortably and it's paid for. So, why not ride it since nobody wants to buy it. I was riding a Trek cross bike that holds a 45mm tire but that doesn't quite cut it for mountain biking. The frame and fork were not built for extreme riding. So, back on the Zion until the Selm comes in. It will be geared but I will also be riding my Soul Cycles Dillinger 29er single speed. This is the rig I tested though TwentyNineInches.com. Here is a pic of the Zion. I have to add my 3rd bottle cage and front der cable and she's ready.

Have a great Wednesday. I'm riding outside tonight after work. The wind is your mountain, right Jeff!

Captain

2 comments:

B I D W E L L said...

Did you actually pick up the rabit turd and strategically place it there?? I thought it a meatball....
Slap a supended fork back on the Dilli and that would be a serious trail slayer!

Captain Bob said...

I would love to slap a new Reba on the Dillinger. It would be a sweeter ride.