Thursday, March 12, 2009

Way too cold!




Well, I did make it out for a nice ride Wed night. I decided to head straight into the wind on my way out. I did and man was it cold. Thankfully, the sun was beating on my face. That helped offset the cold a bit. I headed out west. Then, North. I think the wind was worse from the North. It was brutal especially given my fitness level sucks right now. It was not fun. Once, I started East for home I felt pretty good. Actually, it felt a little too fast at times. Weird how you forget what speed feels like after missing it during the winter. The ride back East and then South and then East again went by pretty fast and would have been faster if my calves didn't cramp up. All in all it was a good ride. Stayed pretty warm with just a base long sleeve t-shirt, Salsa Wool long sleeve jersey and a windbreaker. Oh, and two pairs of tights.

Stay warm folks. The heat will be here soon.

Captain

3 comments:

john said...

Great to see you riding - Rob
John

Guitar Ted said...

Yeah, I agree with John. It's good to see you rollin' again.

Captain Bob said...

Thanks guys. It was good to get out.