Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thank you Salsa!

Well, most of you know that I am still recovering from the broken arm. My friends over at Salsa Cycles know this too. They were kind enough to send me a little care package. Inside this care package was quite a treat for me. First off, thanks to Jason Boucher for getting all the Salsa employees to pay for this Wool Jersey though payroll deduct. They each donated a little bit of their hard earned cash. Thanks! It means a lot. :-) Second, is a gift from Salsa Marketing Director Mike Riemer.
Let's start with the jersey. It is a mighty fine wool jersey. Best I have ever worn and I am not just saying this. The fit is very accurate. I especially like the length. NOT TOO LONG. The material has a silky feel to it. Not itchy at all. Gotta love that. I wore it on three rides so far and only had to wear a windbreaker over it. Stayed dry and warm which is not usually the case for me with a poly blend jersey.

The gift from Mike is a bit different. Mike is a pretty extreme mountain biker. He races the Arrowhead Ultra which is something I would never do. Crazy people do this race. He had a little leftover food from this years event and thought it might help in my recover. Well, it did help with my spirits but not my nutrition. I didn't eat any of it. The contents include: partial Poptart, Reece's peanut butter cup, 1/2 beef stick (which looks like a pinkie finger and is not Mike's. I guess they counted all 10) and a couple Advil. You can read the writing by clicking on the picture. Funny stuff.

This was a pretty generous gift from some great people. I have been fortunate enough to meet these guys on a few occasions and was even lucky enough to ride with them and share a riverfront breakfast. Thanks Salsa! I really appreciate this!

Captain

2 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Can't say enough about how great the Salsa Crew is. A fine bunch of folks that I feel priveledged to know.

I know you feel the same.

Have a great weekend. I hope the arm recovers quickly!

bluecolnago said...

that is certainly good stuff, capn!